I haven’t been doing this all that long and I have to say: I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!! I am enjoying meeting so many great women who share my love of books and reading. It has been so much fun!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
- What’s the first book you remember reading (or having read to you?)
My mom read to me a lot when I was a child, the books that stand out are Goodnight, Moon and The Children’s Bible (I love the story of Moses in the Bulrushes and asked for that all the time). The first book I ever read myself was called Winter Pony by Jean Slaughter Doty.
- Tea or coffee?
Coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. Especially Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea which does not taste like licorice but has this sweet delicious taste.
- Do you have any pets? Share a photo of them if you’re comfortable!
I wish we had pets! I grew up always having a dog and when I was in high school, I adopted two cats. When we were first married, I rescued a cairn terrier from the pound and two years later, after we bought our first house, we adopted a brother for her 🙂 Unfortunately that is over 20 years ago and they are both gone. We adopted a puppy after Oliver passed and I was allergic. I have tried sublingual allergy treatments, allergy shots, NAET treatment and have been actually eating dog hair for the last few months. We signed up with Colonel Potter Cairn Terrier Rescue to foster a cairn terrier and I am hoping that when we do, I will not be allergic.
- What song can’t you get out of your head or what’s your favourite song right now?
I have two teen daughters, ages 18 and 16 and whatever they are singing or listening to I tend to get stuck in my head.
- Do you have a favourite reading snack?
It used to be popcorn but I discovered that I have a sensitivity to corn. So now it’s just coffee or tea.
- Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre during a movie because it was so bad?
Not that I remember.
- What’s your favourite book to film adaption?
Big Little Lies! I LOVED the book and was nervous when they made the series, but I thought it was sooooo good!! I can’t wait for the second season!!
- What’s your least favourite book to film adaption?
I didn’t like the film version of “My Sister’s Keeper”.
- Library or bookstore?
I am a librarian in a public library, so library.
- If you could live in any city in the world, where would you choose?
Probably Charleston, South Carolina but if we are waving our magic wand, I would have to wave it so that South Carolina was not so conservative because I am not very conservative and don’t think I would be comfortable living in an area where so many people feel so strongly differently than I do about things like women’s rights, same sex marriage, etc.
- Do you have any blogging goals for this year?
Not really. I just started this not too long ago and am really happy with how far I have come in a short period of time.
- Reader Voracious Blog
- Carla Loves to Read
- Colline’s Blog
- Carries Book Reviews
- By Hook or By Book
- Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
- Saturday Nite Reader
- Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- It’s Book Talk
My Questions for these Lovely Ladies are:
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite book and why do you love it?
- Can you read during the day or do you feel like you need to get stuff done before you read?
- Can you read when you only have a few minutes or do you need to know that your schedule is clear for hours in order to really dig into a book?
- Do you read every word or do you skim?
- Do you use a paid WordPress site (WordPress.org) or the free WordPress site (WordPress.com) and what made you decide to use the one you chose?
- Which WordPress theme do you use?
- Have you ever had a galley copy or ARC of a book that you really didn’t like? Did you muddle through or DNF it? Did you leave a review or did you say you couldn’t leave feedback?
- What is your favorite thing about summer?
- What is the best vacation you have been on?
- Do you prefer e-books or actual paper books and why?